Dr. Scott Wolfe is a Clinical Psychologist and Certified Gottman Method Couples Therapist, Trainer, Consultant and Workshop Leader who relocated his practice in 2016 to Henderson, Nevada from Columbia, Maryland.
Dr. Wolfe provides online couples therapy for residents of Nevada and Maryland and residents of the following states- Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Illinois, Kansa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Washington.
For more information about scheduling an online couples therapy appointment just call or email him ([email protected]).Dr.Wolfe has specialized in couples counseling for over twenty-five years and has helped hundreds of couples struggle through their darkest times to find their full potential.
In addition to being personally trained in couple therapy by Drs. John and Julie Gottman, Dr. Wolfe has trained with leading family therapists at his predoctoral internship with The University of California, San Francisco- Fresno Medical Education Program and at the California School of Professional Psychology-Fresno (APA Fully Approved) where he completed his doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology. Later he was on the Adjunct Faculty there and taught Marital and Family Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy on the graduate level.
Dr. Wolfe has also completed Advanced Training and an Advanced Externship in Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy (EFT) with Dr. Susan Johnson and senior EFT trainers at the International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy iceeft.com. Dr. Wolfe integrates EFT and Attachment Theory into his work with couples. Finally, he also has been a clinical supervisor for Loyola University in Baltimore and has supervised doctoral students in clinical psychology for over 15 years in APA accredited internships and externships.
Dr. Wolfe's specialized areas of expertise in couple therapy include marital enrichment, premarital assessment and counseling, parenting, couple communication and intimacy, affair recovery, infertility distress, sexual issues including frequency and desire, same sex couples, and step-family parenting. Dr. Wolfe also offers private couples weekend retreats and marathon couples therapy for couples in crisis, couples on the brink, or for couples coming from out of town where there is no Certified Gottman Couples Therapist available.
For more information about Gottman Method Couples Therapy visit Gottman.com.
Please see his articles on couples therapy in The Maryland Psychologist.
- American Psychological Association apa.org
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology (APA Fully Approved) California School of Professional Psychology-Fresno
- Predoctoral Internship, Clinical Psychology, The University of California, San Francisco-Fresno Medical Education Program
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Behavioral Medicine and Health Psychology, J. Leonard Camera Industrial Rehabilitation Center, Columbus, Ohio
- MA, Psychology The Catholic University of America
- MA, Theology The Catholic University of America
- BA, Psychology The Ohio State University
- Senior Certified Gottman Method Couples Therapist, Trainer, and Consultant. Gottman.com
- Certified Gottman Couples Workshop Leader The Gottman Institute gottman.com
- Certified Bringing Baby Home Educator The Gottman Institute gottman.com
- Gottman Trainer for Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 Training for Therapists in Gottman Method Couples Therapy, The Gottman Institute gottman.com
- Advanced Training and Advanced Externship in Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy
- International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy iceeft.com.
- Infertility Counseling Study Group, 2011-2012, Year Long Postgraduate Course, Shady Grove Reproductive Science Center, Rockville, MD. covingtonandhafkin.com.
Located in Henderson, Nevada and serving Clark County, I also provide services for individuals and couples in the surrounding communities of Las Vegas, Boulder City, Winchester, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, North Las Vegas, Spring Valley, Pahrump, Victory Village, Carver Park, East Las Vegas, Texas Acres,Whitney, Hillegas, Winterwood, McKeeversville, Junction City, Boulder Junction,Bracken,Hesse Camp, Bullhead City,AZ, and Kingman, AZ.