The 2017 Las Vegas Schedule for the
Gottman Weekend Workshop for Couples:
The Art and Science of Love (ASL)
April 14th & 15th, 2018 in Las Vegas/ Henderson NV
8:30 am to 5 pm both days
Registration 8am-8:30am on Saturday
Nevada Relationship Center
2410 W. Horizon Ridge Parkway, Suite 100
Presenters: Scott Wolfe, Ph.D. personally trained by the Gottmans.
To register for any of the workshops or for more information, please go to: weekendcouplesworkshop.com.
In addition, to register or obtain a workshop brochure: call 702-757-7393
$695 per couple until 3 weeks prior to the workshop
$625 therapist (license # required) and partner discount until 3 weeks prior to the workshop
Who Should Attend?
Research shows that on average, couples wait six years from the first signs of problems before they seek help. This workshop is designed to strengthen your marriage or relationship. If you have a strong relationship, this workshop will provide you with insights and tools to make it a great one. If your relationship is distressed, this two-day workshop will provide a road map for repair.
What You'll Learn
At the workshop, couples will learn how to:
- Foster respect, affection, and closeness
- Build and share a deeper connection with each
other's inner world
- Keep conflict discussions calm
- Break through and resolve conflict gridlock
- Strengthen and maintain the gains in your
The Workshop Program
John Gottman, Ph.D., has learned what really makes marriages work by studying and following over 3,000 couples in 30 years of research. John Gottman together with Dr Julie Schwartz Gottman, the Clinical Director of both The Gottman Institute and The Gottman Relationship Clinic, has designed this workshop presented by Gottman Certified Couples Workshop Leaders to teach you how to foster romance and harmony in your relationships.
During the first day, you will learn how to build fondness, admiration, and closeness in your relationship. On the second day, you'll work on conflict management while learning new and important communication skills.
In the workshop, there will be many humorous stories and role-plays by Gottman Certified Couples Workshop Leaders. Couples work privately on exercises designed to address the challenges in their real-life relationship. Gottman therapists are available to support couples one-on-one with exercises. There is no group work or public disclosure.
At the end of the workshop you will leave with a greater understanding of your relationship and the skills to repair or enhance it.
1. The five basic questions
- How is your marriage/relationship doing?
- What makes relationships change, for better or for worse?
- If your marriage is in trouble, how can you turn it around?
- If your marriage is doing well, how can you ensure that your relationship will continue to grow?
- As your relationship improves, how can you make changes last?
2. Assessing your marriage
- Learn to recognize the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and what to do if they are attacking your marriage.
- Identify your relationship's specific strengths and how to build on these.
- Learn about the effects of physiological flooding and how it may impede conflict resolution.
- Learn the small, easy steps that increase romance in your relationship.
3. Building a "Sound Relationship House"
- Learn how Love Maps provide a solid foundation for intimacy.
- Use the Fondness and Admiration System to renew respect and care for one another.
- Create an Emotional Bank Account that you can draw upon in times of stress. Develop your problem-solving skills, including the four techniques of effective conflict regulation: Softened Start-up, Accepting Influence, Repair Work, and De-escalation.